Friday, December 18, 2009

Top 50 Songs of the Decade

Last week I came across a special section on Rolling Stone magazine's website that had several artists list their top 25 albums and songs of the decade. I disagreed and came up with two lists on my own: Yesterday, I released my top 25 albums--today, here are my top 50 songs. And this is my opinion, so if you disagree let me know why.

Top 50 Songs of the Decade

1. “Jesus of Suburbia” by Green Day
2. “Time to Pretend” by MGMT
3. “Stronger” by Kanye West
4. “Renegade” by Jay-Z featuring Eminem
5. “Welcome to the Black Parade” by My Chemical Romance
6. “Papercut” by Linkin Park
7. “Stan” by Eminem featuring Dido
8. “Clocks” by Coldplay
9. “Forgot About Dre” by Dr. Dre featuring Eminem
10. “What Goes Around…/…Comes Around” by Justin Timberlake featuring Timbaland
11. “Flake” by Jack Johnson
12. “Nude” by Radiohead
13. “Beautiful Day” by U2
14. "Seven Nation Army" by The White Stripes
15. “Only” by Nine Inch Nails
16. "Lose Yourself" by Eminem
17. “Four Winds” by Bright Eyes
18. “Better Day” by STS9
19. “Yeah!” by Usher featuring Lil’ John and Ludacris
20. “Underneath It All” by No Doubt featuring Lady Saw
21. “21 Guns” by Green Day
22. “Hey Ya!” by Outkast
23. “Sunday Morning” by Maroon 5
24. “Int’l Player’s Anthem” by UGK featuring Outkast
25. “Paper Planes” by M.I.A.
26. "99 Problems" by Jay-Z
27. “Cry Me a River” by Justin Timberlake
28. “The Space Between” by Dave Matthews Band
29. “Float On” by Modest Mouse
30. "Maps" by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
31. “Hip Hop Is Dead” by Nas featuring will.i.am
32. “Izzo (H.O.V.A.)” by Jay-Z
33. “Kids” by MGMT
34. “Daydreamin’” by Lupe Fiasco featuring Jill Scott
35. “Yellow” by Coldplay
36. “Fall to Pieces” by Velvet Revolver
37. “I Miss You” by Blink-182
38. “Such Great Heights” by The Postal Service
39. “B.Y.O.B.” by System of a Down
40. “In Da Club” by 50 Cent
41. “Falling Slowly” by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova
42. “Cleanin’ Out My Closet” by Eminem
43. “We Belong Together” by Mariah Carey
44. “Ordinary People” by John Legend
45. “Mr. Brightside” by The Killers
46. “Diamonds From Sierra Leone (Remix)” by Kanye West featuring Jay-Z
47. “South Side” by Moby featuring Gwen Stefani
48. “City of Blinding Lights” by U2
49. “One More Time” by Daft Punk
50. “Umbrella” by Rihanna featuring Jay-Z

No comments:

Post a Comment