Saturday, January 9, 2010

Wild Card Weekend Predictions

The NFL Playoffs are here, ladies and gentlemen. Three of the four games are rematches from Week 17, and I expect those results to be the same. Let's do this.

Saturday Games:

New York Jets @ Cincinnati Bengals

Last week's match-up ended in a 37-0 shellacking by the Jets at home. I don't expect this one to be a blowout, but I do think the Jets will come away with a win. They have the top-ranked defense and rushing attack in the league, and Cincinnati hasn't looked good in the second half of the season.

Jets 23, Bengals 17

Philadelphia Eagles @ Dallas Cowboys

The Cowboys also shut out the Eagles last weekend, 24-0. I don't think the Cowboys' defense will hold Donovan McNabb and Desean Jackson scoreless again, but they are one of the hottest teams entering the playoffs. Plus it's at home. And they have the motivation to win their first playoff game since the mid-'90s.

Cowboys 31, Eagles 24


Sunday Games:

Baltimore Ravens @ New England Patriots

I hate the Patriots. I hate the Ravens. Wes Welker is hurt. New England's defense isn't as good as it has been. Baltimore has a much-improved offense and should have won in New England earlier this season.

With that being said, I do have a rule that will allow me to pick this game. Don't bet against the Patriots. I haven't done it and don't intend to start now. And I hope they get blown out by San Diego next week.

Patriots 27, Ravens 24

Green Bay Packers @ Arizona Cardinals

I wanted the Cardinals to win the Super Bowl last year. I want the Cardinals to come out as the NFC champions for the second year in a row. But I don't think it's going to happen. Kurt Warner belongs in the Hall of Fame. Larry Fitzgerald is the best WR in the game. But the Packers are better right now. Their defense is strong, and Aaron Rodgers & Co. should be able to outscore the Cardinals who may be without receiver Anquan Boldin. If I'm off on one prediction this weekend, hopefully this will be it.

Packers 31, Cardinals 30

No comments:

Post a Comment