Sunday, March 13, 2011

2011 NCAA Tournament Final Four/Upset Picks: First Glance

South

Ohio State over UNC

A couple weeks ago, I mentioned this as my pick for the national championship game. I'll settle for a regional final.

Upset Pick: Xavier over Syracuse

Not a huge upset, but great shooting can beat the zone.


West

Duke over UConn

Nolan Smith v. Kemba Walker. I may change my mind and take Walker. But I don't want to overreact to a Big East tourney title.

Upset Pick: Mizzou over Cincinnati

The Tigers have many flaws but their style would be a difficult first-round match-up for anyone.


Southwest

Purdue over Kansas

Kansas is playing the best basketball right now. They were last year also when they lost to Northern Iowa. I called that, and I'm calling this. I've had Kansas going deep in the NCAA tournament too many times.

Upset Pick: Florida State over Notre Dame.

Ben Hansbrough struggles when more athletic people guard him. That's what the Seminoles can do.


Southeast

Kansas State over Florida


The Wildcats turned it on in March last year and they have a clutch guard in Jacob Pullen. I think they will knock off Pitt in the Sweet Sixteen.

Upset Pick:

I'm from Nashville, so I'm taking Belmont over Wisconsin. The Badgers can't score. And the Bruins should have beaten Duke a few seasons ago.


National Championship: Duke over Purdue


These are my first thoughts. I will fill out a complete bracket later tonight and post a screen shot.

What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment